My vehicle is registered and insured abroad. The Police tell me that my insurance policy is not valid in the UK. Is this correct?

Whilst your policy would be valid if you drive as a visitor, if you are registered in the UK or your vehicle has been in the United Kingdom for 6 months, it has to be registered with the DVLA. Your failure to register the vehicle would invalidate your insurance policy.

Article printed from Driving Laws:

URL to article:

Driving Laws
© Motor Lawyers Limited. All rights reserved.
All logos and graphics are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Motor Lawyers Limited. | Free & Fixed Fee Legal Advice |